About Gilbert Evans
Gilbert Evans LLP (Company number OC349307), whose registered office is located at Mount Manor House, 16 The Mount, Guildford, Surrey GU2 4HN. Information Commissioners Office (ICO) registration ref: Z2079810. The data protection officer is Allen Evans. Other related companies form part of the Gilbert Evans Group.
Information covered by this policy
Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
Gilbert Evans is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and contacts and protecting their personal information, and fully meets the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
The personal information we collect from you is only that which is required by us to provide you with the information, products and/or services you have requested. When you submit your personal details to us as described below you will be deemed to consent to its use by us in the ways indicated below.
Personal information – what is collected and how?
We collect information directly from you when you contact us by telephone, letter, or email, including name, email address, postal address and telephone number (landline and/or mobile) if you request to be added to our mailing lists for appropriate newsletters. If we are instructed to buy, sell, or let property on your behalf, we may in addition request copies of passports and other official documentation to fulfil Anti-Money Laundering requirements..
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources, such as the Land Registry or online directories.
Personal information – why is it collected?
The information collected is required for several reasons including:
- to allow us to contact you to provide the service requested
- to improve the content of our website to meet your specific needs
- to make you aware of additional products and services that you may find of interest
- to provide newsletters, bulletins or advice notes which we believe to be relevant and of interest to you
- to advise you of property that may potentially be of interest
- to carry out Anti Money Laundering procedures as require
Personal information – how will it be used?
We ensure all our data protection procedures are fully compliant with the procedures set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force on 25th May 2018.
Personal information – who will it be shared with?
We will not share your data with anyone for marketing purposes. However there are occasions when it must be shared such as:
- to protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of Gilbert Evans Group (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- when required by law and/or government or regulatory authorities.
- to appropriate third party companies who assist us in delivering appropriate information (such as a mailing house or Campaign Monitor, the e-newsletter distribution platform), in order for us to carry out our legitimate interests.
Personal information retention period
Personal information – what will be the effect of this on individuals concerned?
By processing your data, Gilbert Evans Group may send you occasional newsletters by email or post, and otherwise may contact you to notify you of properties and businesses for sale.
Your rights under GDPR
The GDPR creates new rights for individuals, and strengthens some of the rights that currently exist, as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
The right to be informed – This obligates the data controller’s need to provide at your request “fair processing information”, typically through a privacy notice such as this, in order to provide transparency over how Gilbert Evans Group uses personal data.
The right of rectification – You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If Gilbert Evans Group has disclosed your personal data to third parties, we must then inform them of the rectification where possible, and inform you about the third parties to whom your data has been disclosed, if appropriate.
The right to erasure – This is known as the “right to be forgotten”, and the principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continuing processing. Some requests however can be refused for specific reasons as set out on the ICO.org.uk website. We may also have to retain some basic details to ensure we do not start processing your data again, should it be provided to us through a purchase of data.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to “block” or suppress processing of personal data, i.e. request not to be contacted for marketing or information dispersal. In this case your data would be retained to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
The right to data portability – This right allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services, i.e. to move, copy or transfer personal data from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
The right to object – Individuals have a right to object (on “grounds relating to his or her particular situation”) to:
- processing of their data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
If you wish to discuss/request any of the above rights, please email our Data Protection officer at email@example.com
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
If you would like to see the data we hold about you, you can submit a subject access request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As long as your request is not manifestly unfounded or excessive, we will provide you with this information free of charge, within 30 days of receipt of your written request. However we reserve the right to make a charge if providing this data requires we retrieve data from backups or storage facilities. We may request proof of identity before we release the data to you.
Use of information
We use the information we collect to provide you information about our services, to deliver to you marketing information, and to conduct other Gilbert Evans Group business operations. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Provide services requested
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Develop new products and services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about Gilbert Evans Group services and other content we think may be of interest to you.
- Analyse the use of, and develop, our products, services and marketing.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
Gilbert Evans Group will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request.
We store personal information on secure servers with access limited to authorised personnel only, or on paper files which are kept in our secure offices. We will not release personal details to third parties unless this is necessary in order to fulfil our contracted duties. We may also transfer Information as required to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements.
You have the right to request that the Gilbert Evans Group do not to send such information. You can exercise that right by contacting email@example.com. You can specify whether you would be happy to continue to receive email or postal contact, or if you would prefer to receive neither.
Electronic newsletters, bulletins & updates
For more information on data protection legislation and related matters please visit the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk.
If you remain concerned about information disclosure or have any questions about this Privacy Statement, this website or your dealings with Gilbert Evans you can contact us via e-mail on this site or by writing us at the following address:
Gilbert Evans LLP
Tel: 01252 704514
Last Updated 23rd May 2018